The relevance of this Unit to the overall functioning of the Centre cannot be overemphasized. This Unit forms the backbone upon which the operations of the Centre are hinged. It is saddled with the responsibility of coordinating ICT and library activities at NACGRAB.
The Information and Documentation Unit performs the following functions:
- Prepares and produces various publications of the Centre such as newsletters, handbooks, varietal release booklets, etc.
- Oversees ICT activities such as managing the Centre’s internet and website facilities.
- Oversees the running of the library activities such as sourcing for journals, newsletters, books, routine maintenance of the library, etc.
- Covers visits of important personalities and groups/corporate bodies to the Centre.
- Participates in organizing and covering of conferences, workshops and meetings and produces/documents proceedings of such programmes.
- Coordinates the activities of the secretariat for the meetings of the National Committee and Technical
- Committee on Naming, Registration and Release of Crop Varieties, Livestock Breed and Fisheries.
- Collates the reports of various units which are integrated into the quarterly or annual report of the Centre.
- Organizes in-house ICT training for members of staff
- Coordinates e-payment in conjunction with Account Unit.